Central is a model management solution designed to manage your geological data from a centralised, auditable environment. Central helps you to really apply the scientific method, integrate new knowledge, plan tests to validate or eliminate hypotheses and review models with peers.
The rest of this topic provides an overview of Central and its components that will help you get started with Central. There are also links to the learning resources available on MySeequent.
- Central Components
- Projects, Revisions, Branches and Nodes
- Sharing Central Projects
- Uploading Data to the Central Data Room
- Setting Notifications Preferences
- Learning and Troubleshooting Resources
Seequent Central is designed for individuals and teams managing complex geological data. Central brings project teams together, helps you stay connected and helps your team to make confident decisions, when it matters most.
Central can be accessed via different pathways that reflect the different roles present in a team.
- Central Browser (above left): For collaborating with the team. View published models, export meshes, compare versions and view near real-time drilling data. You can also leave comments and attach files for other project collaborators.
- Central Portal (above middle): For managing Central projects, users, data and partner integrations.
- Leapfrog modelling products (above right): For working directly on Central projects. Download Leapfrog projects from Central, make changes and publish changes back to Central.
In Central, data is organised by project. A Central project is the history of a Leapfrog project tracked through time, organised into revisions. Projects can also branch so that alternative hypotheses can be explored.
In a project’s history, the graph shows the history of the project, going backward in time. Each node represents a revision, which belongs to a branch. In this example from Leapfrog Geo, the node with ID 10 belongs to the “Dacite Dykes” branch, which branched off from the “default” branch at the node with ID 3 in order to test a hypothesis:
Once the hypothesis was reviewed, the knowledge gained was used to update the model on the default branch. This revision to the project is represented by the node with ID 11:
You must be a project’s owner to share the project with other Central users.
To share a project with other Central users, first sign in to the Central Portal. Click on the project you wish to share, then on the Users tab for that project. Enter the email address of the Central user you wish to share the project with, then click the Assign Users button:
When you are the owner of a project, a Share Project button is displayed in the project history for Leapfrog and Central Browser:
Clicking this button launches the Central Portal with the project’s Users tab open.
Project data can be uploaded to Central via the Central Portal Data Room. Data in the Data Room can be organised by version, and data can be uploaded to and downloaded from the Data Room using the Central Portal.
For more information about accessing the Central Data Room from the Central Portal, see The Project Data Room.
When a Central user with a Leapfrog connector is the owner or editor of a project, they can import data from that project in Leapfrog.
The Central notifications service lets you keep in touch with what’s happening in the projects you’re actively working on. You can receive notifications for different events via email and/or via the Central Portal. Your notifications preferences are set in the Central Portal. See Notifications.
MySeequent has resources that will help you get up and running with Seequent Central.
- Central Quick Start Guide. This guide provides a brief introduction to Central and its components.
- Central Fundamentals. This practical course helps you to explore Central’s capabilities.
- Central Video Learning. This series of videos shows you how to carry out common tasks in Central.
MySeequent also contains troubleshooting resources for Seequent Central. Follow this link to see the latest support articles for Seequent Central.